The Junior League of Lincoln is a non-profit organization that welcomes the support of other organizations or individuals.
Significant Projects for the Junior League of Lincoln include…
- Building the ClothesLine project to place a clothing closet in all Lincoln Public Schools. The ClothesLine project aims to help reduce bullying in our schools, address the basic need of clothing and provide youth the opportunity for success.
- The Junior League of Lincoln Diaper Bank, in partnership with the Center for People in Need and Community Action, will focus on providing diapers to over 6,000 children in Lancaster County that may experience diaper need. The Diaper Bank will be housed at the Center for People in Need.
- The Junior League of Lincoln partnered with The HUB of Lincoln has created a household goods store for young adults transitioning to independence
- Remodeling the Women’s Center at The Bridge at Cornhusker Place
- During the 1993-94 year we developed programs and educational tours of the Lincoln Children’s Zoo for school-aged children.
- Guiding Historical Society Tours
- Developing and offering curricula in drug education, environmental concerns, Nebraska history, and life skills
- Volunteer planting at the Sunken Gardens
- Generating and donating funding for the Child Guidance Center, Lincoln Children’s Zoo, and the Lincoln Children’s Museum
- Donating to fund the second home for Friendship Home in Lincoln
- Donating the Redbud and Washington Hawthorne trees along Capitol Parkway
- Assisting the restoration of the William Jennings Bryan home in the 1960s
- Docent program at the Sheldon Museum